Sustainable filmmaking initatives
There's a number of initatives and orgs trying to resolve filmmaking's large energy, CO2 and resource footprints.
- Project Albert, UK. Industry funded sustainability intiative, with extensive resources, training, and 'Sustainable Production Certification (1/2/3 star)'.
- Global Green Media Network
- Filmmakers for the the Future:. Campaigning, events and some resources.
- Grüner Drehpass, Germany. Green Shooting Initiative of the Hamburg Film Fund .
- Green Film, Italy. Rating system for sustainable film production.
- Green Shoting, Germany. Green Shooting Initiative of the Baden-Württemberg Film Fund.
- Creative Industries Pact for Sustainability, Pact to drive collective progress toward climate action in the creative industries.
- Adgreen, UK. 'supports the advertising industry’s transition to environmentally sustainable production methods'.
- Green Film Tools, Germany. Knowledge database and workshops on environmentally friendly production techniques.
- BBC's targets
Hollywood's Dirtiest Secret - The Hidden Environmental Costs of the Movies
by Hunter Vaughan, Columbia University Press, 2019