DAM inside WordPress
Most will hit the server's PHP file upload limit.
Internal media asset management:
As an API on external service
- [[Phraseanet]] - one of the few plugins for a FOSS DAM. https://www.alchemy.fr/en/plugin-wordpress-phraseanet/
- Cloudinary is an API for transcoding (bitrate, format) and resizing, with CDN, and is available as a WP plugin: https://nb.wordpress.org/plugins/cloudinary-image-management-and-manipulation-in-the-cloud-cdn/. But Cloudinary hosts your media on their servers, and serves over their CDN. Pricing from free (25k transformations/25gb storage - to $249/month - 600k transformations/600GB).
- Brandfolder. Works in the same way.
- Transcoder from rtMedia - transcodes 3g2, 3gp, avi, flv, m4v, mp4, mpg, ogv, webm, wmv. https://wordpress.org/plugins/transcoder/. Free plan - 100mb/file, 5gb/month or Silver plan - $9/month - 16gb upload & 100GB/month.
- Isset.video. Same.
- And also
- Presto Player - more video player than DAM. https://wordpress.org/plugins/presto-player/
- Broadcast Live Video. Badly reviewed but highly specced: https://wordpress.org/plugins/videowhisper-live-streaming-integration/